Current time: 10-21-2020, 09:23 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting PM
03-06-2020, 03:53 PM
Starting PM
Hi everyone,

I started this adventure 1 week ago and am wanting to see where it takes me. I am a 39 year old CD. This side of me is a secret and and changes will need to be gradual. I am 6'3" and around 230, but I am working to get my weight down to below 200. Exercise and diet and taking the slow and steady path.

I have been on finasteride 1mg for a little over a year for hair loss, but have been wanting to try PM. I started 1 week ago on the following:
*PM - 500mg - twice daily
*Saw Palmetto - 500mg twice daily
*Reishi - 900mg - once in the morning

I am open to any suggestions on adjusting this or if I need to add anything. I am planning to take this slow and see what happens. I keep hearing about adding progesterone, but not sure the best way to do that.

I have attached a few pictures and will try to update my progress. These are 1 week on the above pills. Not the best quality and overdue for my regular wax.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2020, 02:46 AM
RE: Starting PM
Please keep us posted on progress.

Curious if PM also further helps your hair...
03-08-2020, 09:22 PM
I will. I am curious as well about the potential for hair regrowth. My hope is that I will experience some, but I am not overly optimistic.

Also, today I added White Peony to my regimen. Hopefully that helps to lower my T level even more and boost my estrogen level.
03-09-2020, 08:12 PM
May I ask, which Saw Palmetto and White Peony are you using?
03-09-2020, 08:44 PM
n3rdylalitha,

I bought both from Amazon. I will have to provide feedback later on the quality.

White peony - Pure Organic
Saw palmetto - Natures Craft

The white peony is 380 mg and I am taking 2 per day.
03-18-2020, 01:17 PM
Thanks so much, jenns80. I've not had much luck with white peony, at least not when I compare to reishi, but one never knows if it's a poor product by a particular brand. That said, PM is still doing its job while I'm currently taking white peony, so I can't complain too much.

I'd stick with reishi, it's amazing, but I think it may be causing flank pain (which it's known to have negative liver side effects).

I haven't tried saw palmetto yet, and I'd prefer to get a brand that I know works for someone else.
03-18-2020, 10:59 PM
I may experiment with different brands. I have already placed another order for PM. This time I am getting Ainterol. Friday will be three weeks on PM. I haven't noticed anything significant, although, it seems my nipples may have become a little more sensitive. Of course, I may just be imagining that. We will see. I will update next week at the 4 week point.
03-19-2020, 02:46 AM
Any effects on scalp hair????
03-19-2020, 01:05 PM
Hi Morozevich,
As far as I can tell, reishi helped the most, so far. That's not surprising as it prevents the conversion of T to DHT, and DHT is what causes male pattern baldness. It's so gradual that it's hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure it stopped my receding hairline and I seem to have some fuzz there that I didn't have before. It's also hard to tell because I'm blessed to have only a very mild case of pattern baldness.

Be careful with reishi though. If you use it, try to find the lowest effective dose. It's known to hurt your liver and is an anticoagulant. I definitely noticed the anticoagulant part. I would bleed even when my epilator grabbed a particularly thick hair. Just a drop of course, but still it had a noticeable effect on my clotting.

I found this publication particularly helpful:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3693613/
I just wish someone would update it...
03-20-2020, 12:26 AM
Hey Morozevich,

I haven't really noticed any difference, but like was stated by n3rdyalitha, I may not really notice it. Maybe long term I will see a difference. If so, I will update you.